
Serena
| credits:
| credits:
She’s
known for being an incredible force on the tennis court and has been
ranked World No.1 on five separate occasions to prove it.
But there’s more to Serena Williams than her sporting skill as a range of stunning images of the sportswoman on holiday show.
The tennis player showed off her
incredible figure, as well as range of swimwear, in snaps taken during
her holiday in the Bahamas.
Serena treated herself to a sun-filled getaway in the Bahamas following her US Open win back in September.
In one image Serena is seen strolling down what looks like a deserted beach, as she smiles back at the camera.
Her hair is loose and curly in its natural state and she is wearing a fifties style bikini which shows off her shapely bottom.
She showed off her behind in another set
of images which show her in one, looking at the sea with her arms in
the air and then gazing back at the camera once again.
In another image she’s sitting beside the turquoise sea looking contemplative.
In all of the images Serena appears to be alone, despite the fact she was recently linked to French coach Patrick Mouratoglou.
Following her victory back in September the pretty player flew to Paris and was spotted hanging out with the hunky coach.
$15m Ibori bribe: Court dismisses intervener’s application
A Federal High Court,
Abuja yesterday dismissed the application brought by Mr. Olalekan
Bayode, seeking to be admitted as a party in the $15 million Ibori bribe
forfeiture matter.
The presiding judge, Justice Gabriel
Kolawole, had on July 24, 2012 granted an interim order of forfeiture of
an unclaimed $15m Ibori bribe to the Federal Government following an
application by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
In granting the order, the judge upheld
the federal government’s claim that the money “If left untouched and
unspent in the state it was kept in the strong room (of the CBN) since
April 2007, may eventually be destroyed, defaced, mutilated and become
useless.”
Justice Kolawole also ordered that the
interim order should be published in national daily “for anyone who is
interested in the property to appear before the court to show cause
within 14 days why the final order of forfeiture should not be made in
favour of the Federal Government of Nigeria.”
That publication triggered a rush of claimants.
But Bayode, who claims to be a fridge
and aircondition technician filed an application seeking to be an
intervener to manage the fund for the benefit of Nigerians.
He said he has decided to intervene
because he did not want the fund to go the way of previously recovered
proceeds of crime which cannot be accounted for by the recipients.
But a statement by the Head of Media and
Publicity of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr.
Wilson Uwujaren, said the presiding judge rejected Bayode’s application
The statement said: “Justice Kolawole,
while striking out the application, noted that it was completely at
variance with the interim order of court inviting interested parties to
show cause why the money should not be forfeited to the federal
government.
“When I read the affidavit, I asked
myself whether they really heard of the opportunity given through the
publication of the interim order. While I readily overlook the
misconduct of the applicant, I cannot understand the conduct of his
counsel.
“The judge frowned at Barrister Femi Aina’s conduct which he said left much to be desired.
“When the order I made is juxtaposed
with the application brought by the intervener’s counsel, which is
professionally hollow, I consider this as a disregard to court process.
Right of access to court must be made judiciously and not frivolously,”
he warned.
With the dismissal of the application,
the coast is clear for the court to consider the claim of the Delta
State government regarding ownership of the money.
The case had been adjourned to December 11, 2012 for hearingLagos targets N80b from bond issuance
Lagos State Government
yesterday signed a financial deal with Chapel Hill Limited, lead issuing
house, with the aim of raising N80 billion through bond, which will be
channeled towards infrastructural renewal in the state.
The sum is the highest ever by any state
government through bond issuance and represents the first tranche of
the total N167.5 billion the state is sourcing under its second bond
series (by way of a book build) between now and 2019.
It is also the fourth time the state is raising funds via bond issuance to drive its infrastructural development.
The total sum is to be invested in
infrastructural development which the Governor Babatunde Fashola led
administration intends to focus on in the 2013 fiscal year.
Amongst the ongoing projects to which
the Bond will be channeled to include the expansion and reconstruction
of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Blue line rail corridor, ferry
terminals in parts of the state to boost water transportation,
construction and completion of health institutions such as Ayinke House
within the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Maternal
Healthcare Centres among others.
State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola
who addressed State House Correspondents shortly after the completion of
the board meeting for the deal at Lagos House, Ikeja, which attracted
financial houses and stock broking firms, assured stakeholders that the
money would be tied to specific projects that add value to the state
economy.
No comments:
Post a Comment